Monday, March 1, 2010

Predicament


Oh what to do... Yesterday, I started reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. You guys, it is so good. I can't put it down. But I'm facing a predicament in that, I am currently halfway through the book. I could easily finish it tonight, and I have the urge to do so. However, if I choose to finish it, then that will mean that it will be over. In 24 hours I will have read a book that I could have let myself enjoy for a few more days. Do you ever do that? Regret reading a book too quickly?

So, do I stop now to prolong my enjoyment? Or do I let myself be completely wrapped up in the story that I finish it in a few hours?

If I do finish it tonight (and I probably will...), can you recommend some books so that I don't feel guilty over letting myself read this one too fast?

Ok, I'm going to read just one more chapter for today... or five.

4 comments:

  1. Alie, allow me to help you delay your predicament: finish the Hunger Games tonight, then tomorrow begin the sequel: Catching Fire. Yes, you'll finish that in two days as well, but then you only have to wait until August 24 for the third book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yessssss! i was just thinking to myself, i'm sure there is a sequel. there are reasons i like having you for a brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to suggest what Seth already suggested. I have the same problem--I brought Hunger Games with me to La Suisse in November, I finished it before we even got to Switzerland in the airport. I say, INDULGE! And yes, Catching Fire is spectacular as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST did that the other day. The book was True Colors by Kristin Hannah. So good!

    ReplyDelete